- If moving here for longer than a year bring some furniture, it can make a big difference having your own comfortable sofa and other comforts from home.
- Baking supplies - cream of tartar, gelatine, icing sugar, chocolate chips (can get some), yeast, food colouring, extracts, corn starch, corn syrup, pans (some cookie sheets will be too big for the ovens here), anything else that's a bit unique.
- Cereals - if you like a specific type. Can get corn flakes and some other types here.
- Spices & sauces
- Specific toiletries you use - toothpaste for sensitive teeth, specific makeup.
- Seeds - if you want fresh herbs.
- Sheets & towels - your own are probably softer than the ones provided.
- Mattress pad - the mattresses here are generally very hard.
- Holiday stuff- if staying here for Christmas it's nice to have your own things although you can buy stuff here. If you like specific foods for the holidays bring with you, i.e. canned cranberries.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Things to Bring
Basically bring anything you really like.